Due to an overwhelming number of applications, the Queensland Government is extending the Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program. The grant is part of Queensland’s Economic Recovery Strategy to support businesses impacted by Coronavirus, to adapt and sustain business operations.
Eligible and successful applicants can receive funding up to $10,000 towards:
- Procurement of assets if they accommodate your transformation to remote working
- Implementing video conferencing solutions to enable you to keep in contact with clients and colleagues
- Enabling your mobile workforce with communication and collaboration tools in the cloud such as Microsoft 365 / Microsoft Teams, cloud-hosted phone systems etc.
- Implementing additional Cyber Security measures
- Staff training on how to utilise new technologies that will help your business operate, for example how to use cloud document management or collaboration tools
- Creating or updating your business continuity plans to adapt to the new way of working
- Digital Marketing to refresh your online digital presence and go-to-market strategies
Plus…grant funds can be used towards any of the above activities occurring from 23 March 2020 onwards, but the project must be completed within a maximum of 6 months from the date of approval.
This is an opportunity you don’t want to miss out on!
Get Started Today
- First, find out if you’re eligible (details later in this article)
- Talk to our team as soon as possible about the different technology solutions available that would help your business recover from COVID-19
- Our team will then supply any information required for your application
- Submit your application on the 1st July – and don’t wait! Apply here (please note, this will redirect you to the QLD government website)
Then once your application is approved, we’ll get straight to work!
To get started or learn more, talk to our team today.
Are you eligible?
Before applying for the grant, here is some of the eligibility criteria. You must:
- Have been subject to closure or highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- Provide evidence to show you have experienced a minimum 30% decline since 23 March 2020 (as a result of COVID-19)
- Employ 1-20 staff (employees must be on your payroll and does not include the business owner/s)
- Have your head office based in Queensland
- Be registered for GST and valid ABN as of 23rd March
- Have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- Have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the 2018–19 or 2019–20 financial year, or you can provide financial records that show this will be met for recently started small businesses
- Not be insolvent or have owners or directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
You can also use this eligibility tool to see whether you meet the criteria.